Friday, September 14, 2012

Welcome

The purpose of this blog is to help me keep a record of the displays that I have made for our school library.
Who am I?
I am the librarian of the John Calvin School in Albany. I have no formal training in this area but have learned to love this job with a passion. I love seeing the children's eyes light up when they find that book. The biggest thrill I get from this job is knowing that I can help struggling readers become confident avid readers. One of my own children struggled for years with reading although he had a constant improvement he was always on the lower end of his age group. But the teachers and I kept persisting and searching for books he would like then one day he got it and now in year 7 he can read books such as Eragon, Rangers Apprentice with ease. If I can help other children achieve the same results than I have helped to make the world a better place for that child.
I love to make my library a bright and vibrant place were students want to come and discover new treasures. Over the years that I have been learning my trade I have found lots of inspiration from others via the internet so I would love to give back and share my ideas with others and who knows maybe inspire them.
So along with my 4 sons 2 dogs and numerous students I would like to share my library journey with you and hope that I can help to inspire more children to read everyday with passion.

From The library lady as forgetful children lovingly refer to me as.
Happy reading

No comments:

Post a Comment